For the Philippine Church, since we are celebrating the Feast of Sto. Nino, please use the following readings:
1st Reading: Isaiah 9:1-6
(1) First he degraded the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali; but in the end he has glorified the seaward road, the land West of the Jordan, the District of the Gentiles. Anguish has taken wing, dispelled is darkness; for there is no gloom where but now there was distress.
(2) The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone.
(3) You have brought them abundant joy and great rejoicing, As they rejoice before you as at the harvest, as men make merry when dividing spoils.
(4) For the yoke that burdened them, the pole on their shoulder, And the rod of their taskmaster you have smashed, as on the day of Midian.
(5) For every boot that tramped in battle, every cloak rolled in blood, will be burned as fuel for flames.
(6) For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.
Second Reading: Ephesians 1:3-6,15-16
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,
(4) as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blemish before him. In love
(5) he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ, in accord with the favor of his will,
(6) for the praise of the glory of his grace that he granted us in the beloved.
(15) Therefore, I, too, hearing of your faith in the Lord Jesus and of your love for all the holy ones,
(16) do not cease giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,
Gospel: Matthew 18:1-5
(1) At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
(2) He called a child over, placed it in their midst,
(3) and said, Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
(4) Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
(5) And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.
(10) See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.